Monday, March 16, 2009

Breathe

Now that History Day is done, I have time to actually do that teacher thing and reflect on the whole process. I asked my students to write letters to next years 8th grade class to give them advice about how History Day worked or did not work for them. I actually got some usable feedback from them. They were happy with the different internet tools that were available and the ways to access them. They had an easier time finding Primary Sources then my students last year did (Thanks MILI).

In terms of things they did not like, they found it difficult to communicate with each other when taking notes and finding answers to all the questions on the History Day Steps. If I would have been comfortable using Google Docs, I think that would have solved many of those issues.

No comments: