Monday, March 16, 2009

Facebook yay!!!

Ok- I can't get in to Facebook with this computer. Is there any way the district could lift the "ban" on all those horrible web sites like You Tube and Facebook for us? There are some great videos on You Tube and there is quite the network of MPS teachers on Facebook too. Although I can't imagine how any of those sites could be used in class. I guess it's more of a networking thing for teachers right?

Maybe I will try that Ning site...

http://www.allyoucanread.com/

2 minutes and I already found something really useful! Check out this web site. Great for current events or anything else for that matter. You can choose to look at papers from any major US city or go outside the US too. I spent some time right now with the Japan Times- an english language paper I used to read every day when I was an exchange students in Japan many years ago! Pretty interesting. You can also see what is advertised in the different nations. I clicked on a link for a Disco Career Agent.

The only bad thing is, I tried to go to the Amalfi paper to read about where I would travel this summer, and I can't read Italian!! I need that tool where it turns what you are reading to English!

But this is something I could definately use in class. Even right away!