Monday, March 16, 2009

What we learned last month.

Giving the students the chance to communicate/chat with each other in class? And giving them a grade for it? I would be the most popular teacher ever! I must admit, I haven't quite gotten around to trying that out yet. Our tech guy has this cool thing where you can watch what your students are doing my pulling up their screen. As soon as I have access to that, I might think about piloting this with one class. Probably my smallest class.

I don't know when I turned into al old fuddy-duddy teacher that hate it when the kids socialize instead of work. But I can't stand it! I should probably just let go and let natural consequences take their course. Giving them the chance to do what we did last month in class would be great. All those shy, quiet students I have that never get to talk would have a chance to contribute to the learning.

So maybe before the end of this year... I'll put it on my "To Do List" and see how that goes1

1 comment:

Karen said...

As you said, remote desktop probably could be really helpful for something like this -- good point!